Friday, June 18, 2010

A little getaway 3 months prior

So yeah....today is officially 3 months until we get married!!! HELLOOOOO people! Remember when I was kicking my heels for it only being 7 months?!! Honestly it's really starting to kick in that the big day, the day I've been dreaming about since I was little is around the corner!

Since most of my vacation days and all of John's vacation days are being used for this wedding we have decided to get away for the weekend to relax and de-stress! We normally take vacations every 6 months so we are dying to go away right about now and we can't. So we are going camping with our favorite couple (and also his best man) in Eastern CT!! We went camping at the same place we did last September and had such a blast that we wanted to go again when it was a bit warmer. It's a great little getaway that doesn't cost much and we can enjoy the scenery, play games, grill on a open fire and drink beer! woohoo!!


Our campsite and hopefully the same one this time around. Little funny side note: our tent is the brand new Coleman one (orange) and our friends is the 1987 coleman version (just guessing). On our last day we woke up to a rain storm our friends old tent was swimming in a pool of rain and leaked while our tent was dry. Needless to say we bought them a new tent for our adventure and it happens to be the same tent we have so we should have no problems this time around!


Our friend Bob playing the ladder game. Ever place this while talegating?? It's awesome!




Snuggling by the campfire. *side note: this was 2 weeks before we got engaged*

End of September can be cold so we huddled by the fire.


Anybody else using all their vacation time for their wedding? If so, what are you doing to get away from the planning to unwind?

5 comments:

  1. I haven't been camping since I was a teenager, but now you have me itching to go. It looks like a great, relaxing, fun time. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're trying to plan some camping trips as well this summer since we're using all our vacation time for our wedding. Not that I'm complaining about 3 weeks in Jamaica...but still ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely all vacation time is going towards wedding and honeymoon. All thats left is weekends. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. All 3 of my brothers are Eagle Scouts & my Dad was scoutmaster - I spent the 1st 16yrs of my camping in all seasons... if I never camp again I'll be a happy (non)camper. LOL

    Have fun though! It's supposed to be a GORGEOUS weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Dani - 3 weeks in Jamaica! Niiiiice!!! Definitely worth the wait!

    @Dancy - you are too funny. I would feel the same way too.

    @Erica - you totally should go, it's a great alternative and you can relax and drink!

    ReplyDelete