Saturday, June 12, 2010

Relief at last!

So much weight has been lifted off my shoulders after this past weekend. Why you ask? Because I got to FINALLY reunite with my dress after a 6 month separation period. Remember I had a moment of insecurity and doubt? Well all the fears have gone away and I can finally sit back and know that I picked the right dress! I fell in love with it all over again! My sister helped me get it on and once it was zipped up I had the biggest smile. Although I freaked out a bit when I couldn't zip it up myself and my sister had to help but it's all good now.



I absolutely love everything about the dress and I didn't have to use 'chicken cutlets' for the "ladies" like I did initially since it made me look flat chested. Not anymore, woohoo!


I love the back, it's my favorite part of the dress and exactly why I opted out of having a veil. I didn't want to take away from the dress by wearing one. I also used my hair pieces to see if it flowed with the outfit and I couldn't be happier with my choice. My sister absolutely loved the look and asked me, "say Yes to the dress?" LOL
I'm hoping my mother can help make a simple little bustle using the buttons that go down the back of my dress since it's a smaller train. I really don't want to spend money on alterations since I don't need anything else done.
I didn't want to take my dress off to be honest. I just fell in love all over again and it made me so excited for the big day. 95 days away!! How is your dress situation going? Have you tried it on since?

7 comments:

  1. You look fantastic! My dress is sitting in my closet so it's hard not to try it on all the time, but I've resisted out of fear that I'll do something to it. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, it's BEAUTIFUL! (and you look beautiful!) I totally think you did the right thing in not wearing a veil, the back is unique and needs to be seen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look awesome! It's such a flattering silhouette on you. And good call on foregoing the veil, you definitely won't be needing one with a back like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone!!! I am so excited!!!

    @Erica - Yeah I tried this dress on before I devoured chinse food! If I had the dress at home all the time I know I would get something on it. The day of the wedding it's going to be a miracle if I can keep it clean! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. AAAAH! Love love love love it!! Everything - the neckline, the lace details, the buttons all the way down to the hem, and of course the back! Gorgeous!! :)

    Mine's still sitting in storage in the bridal salon till I go for a fitting. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhhhhh! i'm in the same boat, i get to try mine on Saturday for the first time in 5 months!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww!! You look so beautiful! I love the back too of those dresses like that! It looks amazing on you! :)

    ReplyDelete