Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Turbulent Tuesday!




After a busy holiday weekend I truly hate coming back to work. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way but I also couldn't sleep last night since I started to really feel the stress of planning a wedding. I thought this wouldn't happen to me until later but its started.

But first a lovely picture from this past weekend at one of the many BBQ's we attended.

ugh i'm so pale!*Personal photo*

Ok I've already expressed my concern over what to put in my OOT bags for guests. This past weekend I decided to go on tripadvisor.com to check out the reviews on the resort since I haven't done that in a long time. Seriously what was I thinking?!! I started to read the reviews of guests who stayed at the resort over the last couple of weeks and the negative comments started to get to me. As a former travel agent I stressed to clients about reading that website and that everybody has different opinions and to not take focus on them. Ha! And here I am going against my own advice, smooth move Kristen!


I laid in bed as my mind raced a mile a minute. "What if the check-in process is horrific and they don't have their rooms ready? What if the adult upgrade we paid for isn't worth it? What if they don't like the restaurants? Are my OOT bags too big? (more on that later!)"


I could go on and on with my concerns. Remember we vacationed at the sister property two years ago while this resort was being built and I hear nothing but fantastic things about the other resort. I chose to go with the newer property because of the higher quality rooms and the Elegance Club option which is for adults only. I fear the upgraded option might not be worth it and my guests will think this all was a waste of money!


As I sit here and write this I battle with myself. I know this is all part of the experience of getting married but at the same time I can't help but worry about what my guests will think! Have you started to stress about your big day? What were you worried most about it?

3 comments:

  1. I agree that reviews are so subjective, and there's no way to know what expectations the person had before going to the hotel. I think the stress gets to all of us at one point or another and we want everything to go well and everyone to have a good time. It sounds like you did your homework and have some experience with the company, so I think things will be fine. Try not to over think it. I notice that I do this and get stressed for no good reason at the end of it. Hang in there

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think sites like that - it's like planning your whole wedding then looking at StyleMePretty. You get all panicky like "OMG is this good enough". You have the added resource of being a travel agent, you did your research & it'll all be gorgeous! No worries! :)

    Oh & yes I am TOTALLY dragging @$$ today. I'll take a reg. Monday over the day after a holiday or vaca any day of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha Dancy you are too funny!

    Thanks guys for your support. It's hard not to worry and I'm trying to remember that I've been there and everything work out fine.

    ReplyDelete