Friday, May 28, 2010

The Goods: Love at first stein

I've been on a roller coaster of love with the idea of having personalized plastic beer steins as part of our OOT bag goodies. I couldn't find any website that would allow me to buy less than 150 of them. So I put my networking skills to use and remembered that we have a vendor at work that has created t-shirts, mugs, memory sticks for us with our logo. I figured it couldn't hurt to ask them if they can help me make this dream come true.

Our rep called me within a matter of minutes of me sending him an e-mail. He was really pleased with the request and mentioned some company have an "under minimum" fee and would get back to me with some answers in a day or two. My heart soared after that conversation!

Until I got an answer back and I'm not sure what to do....yet again! They have a company that can do a minimum of 50 (I need about 30) for $5.54 each. Do the math and that's $277 for one item in my OOT bag. I'm torn because honestly that's a lot for one single piece of plastic! Yet it's what I want and we have the money.

I need help people, what are your thoughts????

5 comments:

  1. If it were me I'd probably do these glass ones from Dollar Tree: http://www.dollartree.com/kitchen-tableware/drinkware/Glass-Beer-Mug/213c264c264p302817/index.pro
    Then you can personalize them either with rub-on transfers or etching glass and it'd come out to a lot less than $5.50 each and they'd probably last longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely don't think $5.50/piece for an OOT bag item is necessary, especially if it's plastic -- I love LauraLou's idea and also, have you looked into doing something nicer than plastic, ie stainless? I think you'd be surprised at how you could probably pay the same thing for a nice metal version that people would definitely keep for very close to $6/mug -- and if a beer mug is important to you, then that's the route I'd take! Happy hunting!

    SUCH a cute idea, btw! Lovems it!

    http://wahoowedding.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, check out here:

    http://www.discountmugs.com/nc/style/16-3/personalized-glassware/beer-mugs/?gclid=CKeHgJzs_aECFQlinAodIFvzFg

    http://customink.com (not sure if they will be able to do anything less than X number)

    Trying to be helpful! Hope so, anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, you guys rock! I'm going to check out your ideas now! @wahoo wedding - the only reason I was thinking plastic was because they could take these mugs in the pool to the swim up bar since the cups they give you are tiny dixy cups.

    I will keep you posted!! Again you guys rock and I really appreciate it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh...plastic beer mugs at the pool. Now I really love it :)

    ReplyDelete