Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Just another day in Paradise!

The countdown continues on and we are just about at the 4 month mark. OH. MY. GOSH. I seriously am getting so giddy as each day passes.

Thankfully our resort has a picasso web album online where they update pictures of every aspect of their weddings from ceremony spots to cakes to fire dancers! Recently I noticed that the ceremony locations are decorated a lot more than usual with lots of colors and accessories.

What's different about having a destination wedding is that most of the details are squared away when you arrive unlike traditional weddings where that stuff is taken care of months prior. We will arrive 3 days prior to our wedding and will meet with our wedding coordinator a day or two before to go over everything. In the mean time I've been e-mailing her every so often with questions. Recently I inquired about the decorations and if there is a fee associated with setting up the gazebo like the picture below.



I got back a pleasant e-mail with information on the decoration fees for the ceremony location and it honestly was a great price. I really want to avoid bringing down lots of checked baggage full of OOT stuff and decorations, so it's totally worth paying the fee if it spares me packing more. It includes a runner, tall glass vase with fake flowers, chair sashes and veil for the gazebo (those sheets wrapped around columns).


This is where the ceremony will be held. My stomach does butterflies every time I look at this. I've been picturing my wedding day for years now and I can't believe we're only months away!



Here is a picture from the inside. I have yet to determine what color I will be using since the color of the BM dresses isn't exactly a common one. Blue Steel is more of a blue gray so maybe I'll accent it with yellow chair sashes? What do you think?

*all pictures were taken from here.

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous place for your ceremony! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete