Monday, May 24, 2010

Four Years Later...

....and I will get to marry my best friend, soul mate, and the man that makes me laugh my butt off every day!

Our first pic together - September 2006 - Hancock Tower, Chicago.

Funny story about this picture, I planned to tell him I loved him for the first time at the top of the tower. I chickened out because I could never find a time to be alone since a lot of people were visiting as well. I'm such a dork! So I ended up telling him randomly in our hotel room which clearly isn't as exciting but it still makes me smile at the thought!


Over the weekend we decided on a date to legally get married in New York State. As mentioned a few months ago , we are getting married legally in the US before we head to the Caribbean for our symbolic ceremony since we want to avoid waiting months for our marriage certificate to arrive after being translated.



Ok drum roll please......



August 18th!



I'm so happy that we are able to get married on our anniversary, the first date we had together. Isn't that awesome?!! Even though technically our wedding date is September 18th we will celebrate our anniversary on that date every year, but it is still wonderful to be able to still make our 'dating anniversary' special as well.



Another photo taken in front of Hancock Tower, Chicago. Although this picture was taken on our 4th date it's the first time we took pictures and the day.
Now I have to decide what to wear to city hall! More on that to come.
Are you getting married at city hall first? How did you come up with a date?
*all photos taken from personal camera*

3 comments:

  1. Yaaay! Congrats!! We thought about getting married at city hall when he was unemployed - so I could put him on my benefits. But then he got a job.

    Love the pictures too. So cute. And LOVE the Yankees hat in Chi-town. ;) LOL

    Omg - what're you gonna wear?! tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos and what a sweet memory to have that you will get "Married" on your date anniversary! Congrats!! Cant wait to see the cute outfit you pick for the court house! :)

    ReplyDelete