Friday, May 7, 2010

The unveiling!

I've finally come to a decision..well...more like a step forward. I spoke earlier about whether I was going to wear a veil or not on the day of the wedding.


Well I found 2 smaller flower organza beaded hairpins from Etsy seller PowderBlueBijoux for $30 and I fell in love. I received them in a cute little box with Tiffany blue tissue paper. Although at first I wasn't overly excited about the quality of the flower, I got over that fast once I put it in my hair. I chose two small flowers because I didn't one big flower to consume my entire head.

In the center is a tiny pearl and rhinestone which fits well with my jewelry and dress theme.



Back of the hairpin


So I have naturally wavy/curly hair and in the summer time due to humidity I have NO choice but to leave it this way. I plan on leaving my hair like this in the Dominican and most likely the day of the wedding. I found inspiration from a very common picture found on the web.


Source
So I decided to just pull my hair back lightly into a bun for now. Then strategically placed the two hairpins, one on top and the other on the side.
View from the front, not bad eh!



Another view trying to get the flower in more. At this point I'm wondering if I need to go bigger since you can't see the flower unless I turn my head. Hmm...



I was surprisingly happy with the way they looked. I was relieved to be honest. At this point I realized there was no way I was going to have a veil. This works very well with the back of my dress being open.



I suck at taking pictures on my own at an awkward angle but I wanted to get a close up of the flowers. You can't tell but my other hand is holding a hand mirror up to try and make sure the camera is position right. HA!

So what do you think? Should I go bigger?

*all photos are personal unless otherwise stated*

4 comments:

  1. I actually love the way the 2 flowers look. If you want them to be seen from both sides then go bigger, but I like the one-side look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 2 smaller flower look. So much so, I'm actually doing the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! Sooo pretty! I'm doing the same thing. I started a post about it but it's still in my drafts cuz I have to take pics. I'll try to do it this weekend.

    I don't think you need to go bigger, maybe move them so they're closer to your face, more on the side than the back?? They look great though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guys you rock for your comments! I just might find another flower that is a tad bigger but for cheap...in case I hate it! LOL I'll keep you posted!

    BBB- I want pictures so take them this weekend! ;-)

    ReplyDelete