Wednesday, March 24, 2010

To Veil or Not to Unveil....that is the question!

Source


Ever since I was a little girl I always envisioned a big Cinderella wedding. The beautiful ball gown, long flowing veil playing in the wind, and a handsome prince. And well I'm CLEARLY not having a traditional wedding so I'm not sure if I'll be having a long flowing veil after all.


This subject has been bugging me for a while and I hear it from my mother constantly about what kind of veil I should have. To be honest, I would just love a hair flower or a jeweled accessory in my hair and call it a day!


Although I've fallen in love with the birdcage veil after seeing it on Mrs. Sea Breeze blog but I'm not sure I can pull it off like she did. I feel like only certain people can work that type of veil.




Photo by Michael Steingard (source)


Also one concern of mine is that the veil might take away or hide the beautiful open back of my dress. I would hate for it to hide behind a veil when I look at pictures although I have thought about wearing it for the ceremony and few pictures after but who knows.

Veils are absolutely gorgeous but I can't justify spending $200-300 on it! Especially if I decide to wear it for only an hour. Etsy has some great crafty sellers so that could be an option.



I love her hair too. I wonder if I can recreate that look the day of?!

Source


I found these crystal starfish hair pins a couple of months ago and I really have fallen in love with them. It fits with the theme plus it's sparkly! What do you think?


Would you opt for just a hair flower or jeweled accessory? Or take the chance of wearing a veil and covering up the back?

3 comments:

  1. Ok, I swear I'm not stalking your blog - I feel like I post on EVERY entry. LOL

    I'm only getting a blusher, so when it's over my face, you'll still see my hair access & the back of my dress, and when it's off my face, it's relatively short so it doesn't really cover anything.

    I know I should know this, but did you get your dress yet? Ask the salon if they can help. I know you're from my area. I got mine at Botticelli, I haggled the price as much as I could and they threw in the veil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Botticelli in Bronxville?? Haha stalk my blog any time you want btw! Scroll up and I attached the link to the blog about my dress so you can see. I bought it in IL over Christmas vacation. It's being shipped to my sisters in CT soon.

    Have you been to RK Bridal before? What an overwhelming experience!!

    Wish you were coming tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I'm bummed I missed it. I wish there were more Westch. bees that'd be easier too.

    Yep I got it in B'ville. A friend used to work there so she hooked me up with the best consultant. I bought the sample, haggled the price & got a good alterations rate & they threw in the veil. I've never been to RK but I did go to Kleinfeld... waste of time.

    ReplyDelete