Monday, March 22, 2010

Mother May I?

Source

Like many brides, I want to lose a few pounds so that my dress fits perfectly. And I'll be admit I've been lazy jump starting this lifestyle change. I absolute LOVE food. Ever since I was little I would snack all the time; even 15 minutes after I ate dinner you would find me in the snack drawer. I get it from my father sides unfortunately.



Especially at home when I'm bored, that's the worst time!

I am a connoisseur of Swedish Fish. I love them and they love me. I eat them and they melt in my mouth and swim in my belly. The only problem with them is that they come in eight ounce, single serving packs. The bag might suggest that there are five servings inside, but once the bag is opened, it is too hard to avoid the red, succulent sweetness inside and soon the pack is empty.

I found the solution to my calorie engorging issue… Swedish Fish 100 Calorie Packs. Five one-hundred calorie packs per box! I could eat the sweet fish with a measure of control! I was delighted.

*personal photo*

I whipped one of these packages out this past weekend when I was dress shopping for my mothers gown, and I heard her say, "that's not going to help you lose weight."


Me: But they're 100 calorie packs!


Mom: I know but they have lots of sugar still. Remember the word diet?


Me: Yes (rolling my eyes behind her back)


Regardless of her comments, these 100 calorie packs are a great solution to watching what you eat but also enjoying a yummy treat! I know she means well but its still annoying to hear her comments over and over again.


Anyone else have a nagging mother who is obsessed with talking about eating healthy or diets?? Vent with me if you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment