Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Do YOU like to Do-It-Yourself?



I LOVE that line in the movie!! Anyways, I discovered the WWM (Wide World of Martha - Martha Steward that is!) and I can't believe I've been missing out! I bought her latest MSW issue and couldn't put it down!

This morning I decided to explore her website and found THE perfect DIY project for our private reception in the Dominican.

Feast your eyes on these puppies: Striped Vellum Candles


She provides templates in so many colors that I had to pick my jaw up from the ground in shock. From there I decided to google "vellum paper" and it directed me to Paper and More where I scored 8x11 white single vellum sheets for just .50/each! So I instantly bought 10 sheets to try and if all goes well, I will buy some more! I can't wait for them to arrive in the mail!
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!
CLEARLY I will keep you posted on how it goes but in the mean time, have you ever used vellum paper? any tips?

4 comments:

  1. Im not a DIY person and Martha's stuff is so beautiful but scares me!! I would try it and then get too angry that I couldnt do it!! LOL! But these are beautiful and I cant wait to see your results!! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Yeah this will be my first DIY project for the wedding so we shall see if it goes as smoothly as I hope it will. If not, I will enlist the skills of my mother for help! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, just happened to find your blog! If you decide to do this project you can buy packs of vellum at Michaels or Hobby Lobby with a coupon. I think I bought a pack of 25 sheets for $3 or so! :) Looks like an awesome project, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome to hear Laura! I'm planning a trip to Michael's with my mother this week. I also got the sample vellum sheets in the mail the other day, only took 2 days! Super fast! I'm excited to print these out tomorrow and will let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete