Monday, March 15, 2010

Paper Goods: The Saga Continues




I've been going crazy trying to figure out what to do for our invitations and this past weekend I exhausted all my energy into making a final decision. We are going to stick the original plan and print the accommodations and direction insert cards ourselves. A semi kind of DIY project. There are just so many gorgeous invitations out there but for our budget this seems to be the best option for us. I understand that these invites will set the style of our wedding but also people will throw them out eventually and I just can't justify spending $1000 on them.



So the next step was to decide the color font we wanted. These were our options below:


Remember our colors are steel blue so we didn't have an exact match but I did like the marine color. Unfortunately the FI nixed that idea and so he took the reigns for once (shocker!) and he came up with almond. Umm what?! Yes. Almond. See below.

And honestly it's a tad on the lighter side for me. My laptop at home showed it to be brighter than here. I printed it as well and it was OK. I'm just not 100% positive about this choice. I want him to be involved and voice his opinion since thus far he's just let me take control and make the decisions. BUT this color choice isn't what I was expecting. He said it reminds him of the color of sand. Hmmmm, OK. So this morning I fooled around with more colors and I tried the gold and that was better in my eyes:
What do you think? I might now have to find an inspiration board that incorporates gold and blue. Hmmm....this should be interesting!
Has anyone's colors changed half way through planning? Part of me should just accept it but use my blue for the actual wedding day. I mean, who is going to comment that the invites didn't exactly match the colors the day of?! What are your thoughts???


*all pictures come from here

No comments:

Post a Comment