Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Paper Goods: The Final Frontier

I am happy to report that our invitations have been ordered and they should arrive any day now! Yay!!!! Such a relief to know that this part is half way done. Wait, only half way done? Oh right, I still need to send these bad boys out yet. Bummer! Oh well, for now I'm dancing in my seat with excitement while I wait for them to arrive!!!


I received the proofs the other day and wanted to show them off to you. I worked with my boss;who is an avid party planner herself, to proof the document and make sure the wording is suitable and flows evenly throughout.


We decided to shorten the home reception (HR) info at the bottom of the invite to say "The Celebration continue Saturday, September 25th..." instead of "For those unable to attend our wedding please join us celebrate our marriage Saturday, September 25th...." And I'm happy with the changes.

I was really happy to have a second, third, and fourth pair of eyes proof my wedding invitation because I'm not one to catch a mistake all the time and could just see myself spelling something wrong!
Ever watch WETV Bridezillas? I tend to switch the channel when it comes on because I can't stand these crazy brides but one day I was preoccupied with something else and just let the program run. I watched a bride spell her own name wrong on the invites even after she approved the proof. She went nuts! I laughed of course but that was exactly why I had a couple people proof my invite prior.
I cannot wait to share with you the final product...FINALLY! Oh wait, we still need to make our own accommodation and direction cards still. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment