Monday, March 29, 2010

He's Bringing Sexy Back!

Time to talk about the men for once. My FI has been trying to figure out what to wear for our wedding for quite some time. For men in America, the tuxedo has been the most traditional wedding garb for a long time. The black single breasted, single button tux, with the white shirt that has a stiff collar and black bow tie, sharply cut lapels, cuff links, cummerbund, black shiny stripes on the pants, and black patent leather shoes, is how most people view how males are supposed to dress for their big day.

Source

For us though this style really isn't what we are looking for on our big day. Wearing a tuxedo in 95 degree weather with massive humidity would be torture for him. We're not looking to go super formal so I scoured several hundred destination wedding photos and came across the vest look. I showed my FI and he thought the same idea too! I checked J.Crew out and honestly drooled over this look!

Yummy! (source)

I can just see him now as I walk down the aisle with that bright big smile on his face looking all sexy! Oh! Sorry back to my point. Other grooms have gone with the cotton white shirt and linens pant look but that's just a little too casual for me. I nixed that idea even before we were officially engaged and luckily he agreed quickly after.

Source

Is your FI planning on wearing the traditional tuxedo or will he opt for something more suit like?

2 comments:

  1. We are getting a suit too. He wants to buy a nice suit that he hasn't been able to justify spending so much money on before!

    ReplyDelete