Tuesday, March 23, 2010

You're going to trash what???

An extremely popular trend among destination weddings is the Trash The Dress (TTD) pictures taken a day or two after the wedding.


On the wedding day the bride is always so careful not to get her dress dirty. Once the wedding is over with then what do you do with the dress? You can preserve it, but I don't know many that do. Some put their dress on eBay or craigslist! But wait! Why not be photographed in the dress some more and have some fun with it? To me it means more "cool" photos that's thinking outside the box.
Our photographer also shot Mrs. Sea Breeze's wedding and TTD session and that's when I fell in love with the idea. Here are some more photos from our amazing photographer:

I just love the color of the sky in this picture.

A little salt water won't hurt ;-)


Beautiful (source)

Many destination brides have said that their wedding gowns have come out CLEANER after taking pictures in the ocean. Can you believe that? My one and only concern is the risk of possibly ruining my dress. I spent more money than I had imagined on my dress and I would hate to see it ruined.

Will you be preserving your dress after the big day? Possibly selling it on Ebay or Craigslist?

5 comments:

  1. I love the way TTD sessions turn out, but I'm not sure I could bear to do it with my gown. Maybe if I got a great deal during the David's Bridal $99 sale? I'm contemplating a bridal session in my real gown. Less messy, you know? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog! I'm excited to start following you! :)

    I really want to do a TTD session on our honeymoon, but I'd probably just find a cheaper white dress instead of wearing mine - I'd be too scared of ruining it too! I think I'm going to donate it to Brides Against Breast Cancer since the organization is one I really care about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @PartyPlannerGal: yeah I was thinking the same thing and checking out if they have any gowns for cheap that I like.

    @LauraLou: HI!! I think donating it for a great cause is totally worth it.

    I'm on the fence about using my gown or buying a cheap one. we'll have to wait and see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of TTD sessions, but I know I could never do that to my dress. Mr. B and I are going to do a re-shoot after the wedding, shots around NYC, etc.

    You should look at 2nd hand stores and consignment shops too - sometimes you see them at yard sales too. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @BBB - (mind if I call you that? hehe) NYC will be awesome for a second shoot. Did you see my e-pic session in NYC? Although it took place in the winter we still had some AMAZING shots.

    I'm going to look into David's Bridal $99 sale tonight and then also a consigment shop like you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete