Friday, March 5, 2010

The Dirty Work


Source

I got a degree in Travel & Tourism Management and one of the first jobs I had out of college was working as a Travel Agent. It was an interesting job and although the perks are AMAZING (you practically go away to tropical places for free), it wasn't all that it's cracked up to be. I spent many hours with clients, especially couples planning their honeymoons, trying to find the perfect resort within their budget and that fill all their criteria. Yeah. Not. Always. Fun.


Since we are having a destination wedding I thought I would take care of every one's travel arrangements myself since I could keep everything organized and also look for the best deal. Or so I thought! I started to look into travel deals on various websites and then I started to realize that along with planning every single detail I would also have to correspond with every guest coming and deal with their travel demands. What was I thinking????

So instead I decided to have someone else do my dirty work for me. Unfortunately all my former colleagues have either been laid off or quit their job from the company I used to work for, and so I had a problem trusting some random person. Not like that matters in the end but I'm getting there, I promise.

So I pondered the idea for a while and then decided to search the web for other options. Of course my company comes up in my search and most of you are probably thinking, 'why waste your time looking when you can just book with a company you are familiar with?', and you're right but I just had a gut feeling about it and continued to search. That's when I found Destinationweddings.com.


I memorized their website and found out that you don't have to pay a fee for their services and they have 52 years in the travel industry. You get to work with your own designated DW coordinator who will be there every step of the way to ensure that everything goes as smoothly as possible PLUS they will beat any competitors pricing. BONUS!

To be honest I was going to make this person's life a bit simpler since I already picked out the resort, booked a date, and a reception place. All I need for her to do is to book everyone! All you have to do is pay $50 to join which is applied to your final trip cost and within a day I heard back from our amazing DW coordinator, Michele. I explained to her my travel background and what I needed her to do. I think she was a little surprised at how much I've already booked! LOL

Honestly, it's been a blessing booking through this company because she handles all the questions from guests and the details. Can you imagine handling all of your guests travel arrangements?? Yikes!

Are you using a DW coordinator or a travel agent to handle the dirty work? Even a Day of Coordinator? Did it go well? Were you satisfied?


No comments:

Post a Comment