Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Here comes the bride...

Like most women we dream about our wedding day from a young age. Everything from the dress, the venue, flowers and music. Music? Yes. Ever since I was little I was not fond of the traditional "Here comes the bride" processional music. It screams "LOOK AT ME" and it just didn't captivate my heart from the start.


My sister got married in 2005 and I was extremely happy she chose Canon in D by Pachelbel for the bridesmaid procession. Although kind of cliche its still my all-time favorite!

This is my family at my sisters wedding in 2005. I loved our BM dresses too although it's hard to tell.

When we started planning the wedding I just knew that I still wanted to walk down the aisle to Canon in D. This song makes my heart melt and honestly tear up a bit thinking about this amazing day to come. If a song does that to you then you KNOW you picked the right song.



The song is long enough for both my sisters to walk down to as well as me. The resort has a staff member coordinate the music for the ceremony but I would like to keep it as simple as possible just in case to avoid any confusion. Can you tell I'm a worry wart???


Anybody else hopping on the Canon in D bandwagon as well? What will you be walking down the aisle too?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for checking out my blog! I love Canon in D... 90% sure that is what our bridesmaids will walk down to :-)

    ReplyDelete