Tuesday, March 16, 2010

No Fun Registry Trip


It was a random Sunday in February that I thought would be perfect to register for our bridal gifts. Or so I thought! When you think of wedding registries you think of you and your FI with a scanning gun running around the store picking out the gifts you want. Right? Wrong!
I knew my FI wasn't too keen on spending his only day to relax in a store deciding on flatware and crystal but I told him it would only take an hour and we would be on our way. Again, I was wrong. OK so little did I know it would take longer but NOT 2 1/2 hours! Dang!

We arrived at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and was greeted by an extremely friendly customer service rep who sat us down and collected our information. Great, now give me the scan gun! ::sigh::


Once we filled out our information we looked through a binder full of china. I originally thought we would register elsewhere for our china and crystal since I didn't expect them to have much. I was wrong yet again. So we picked out our china and then it was on to crystal which happens to be one of my Fiance's favorite things. Don't ask me why but he got this love of crystal from his mother and I wasn't going to get in the way of his decision. HA HA! Then it was on to the binder of flatware. Ugh. OK I really don't care but I just chose the matching set to our china.


OK now can I have the scan gun???


Nope. Instead our sales guy walked around with us and described EVERYTHING in sight and tried to sell us it. I completely understand but we mentioned numerous times that we already have a lot of kitchen stuff and know what we are looking for.
Funny story about the crock pot. We have wanted to get one for about two years now and just kept pushing it off and eventually started saying, "we'll just put it on our registry." How weird is that? I don't know if we were too lazy or just didn't have an immediate need for it but we never just bought it.
I've been waiting for this wedding to finally be able to get a Kitchen Aid mixer! It was the one item on the registry that I was super excited to scan! We chose the silver one since it's more neutral and we don't have a home yet so it will go with everything. Although I loved the red.
These pots and pans are the most expensive thing on our registry thanks to the FI. He is the cook in the family and once the sales guy mentioned the quality and features he was sold. I, on the other hand, could care less about this.


Another item we've wanted to get for a while is a griddle since we have a tiny apartment and we have no where to fit his grill at our place. And yet again we are waiting until now to get.


After our engagement party we realized that having a 40 cup coffee maker is essential when hosting large parties. My parents had one and so did his, and actually they were almost identical 1970's yellowish green urns.


Although our sales guy was extremely knowledgeable and helped us decide on our pots and pans we didn't need an explanation for everything. I know how a toaster works and we already have one pal!


Oh and did I mention we NEVER got to scan anything. =( He scanned it for us. Boo! The whole point is to have fun and scan stuff, right?


So long story short but we didn't have the best registry experience that we were hoping for and by the time we got to the bedding section we decided to call it quits and would go online to add anything we needed.
Am I the only one who didn't get to use a scan gun? How was your experience registering? Did you wait until your registry to purchase items you've wanted for a while as well?
*all pictures are from Bed, Bath and Beyond

1 comment:

  1. Thats really weird that he walked around with you and did the scanning! I took my soon to be stepdaughters and they loved scanning stuff and now that we got some of that stuff at the bridal shower they love the fact that they helped pick it out! We waited to buy stuff too...we put a crockpot on the list and my MOH and her mom and sister bought the digital one for us! Cant wait to use it! :) Hope you have better luck next time.

    ReplyDelete