Monday, March 22, 2010

Twilight Saga

Source

If you're like me and LOVE the Twilight series than you will love this post. Or maybe not.


I discovered this past weekend that I have a real-life Jacob in my life. Although this was not unexpected it still was quite a shocker to me. If you don't follow Twilight than you might not understand this post and I'm sorry.


I received an e-mail this past weekend from my a good guy friend of mine who I've known since college. We never dated but we hung out a lot and we we're "friends" on and off through college. I realized that we could be nothing more than friends once college ended because I just didn't have that connection with him. I loved him but only as a friend. I knew he felt otherwise but respected my decision. We've been good friends ever since and he's always been there for me whenever I needed advice and never judged. He lives in Rhode Island and we see each other maybe once a year.
OK, what's the point Kristen?!


Sorry, back to my story about the e-mail. Well I received an e-mail this weekend from him and he stated that he can no longer come to my wedding because he "can't just stand there and watch me marry someone else." He also stated to "not try and sway his decision any other way and that this was final."


WTF?!


I was very upset and hurt and angry at first. I wanted to kick the crap out of him! Then I took a step back and thought about his feelings and I stopped myself from going Bridezilla on him. I felt bad and wished he didn't feel that way. Then I realized that being friends just doesn't help the situation and that I have to put my feelings aside and do the right thing and walk away. If he hasn't moved on after 6 years than the problem all along was being friends. Although in the movie they are still friends I cannot continue to hurt someone.


This isn't exactly what I would like to deal with right now but such is life! It's a hard decision but honestly I am moving forward in my life and I don't need anything trying to get in the way of that. I want to be selfish but I can't. All of this isn't worth fighting over anyways because I have an amazing fiance who means more than anything in the world.



What's weird is that I was watching New Moon on blu ray when I got the e-mail. How coincidental is that???



Have you ever had a similar situation during wedding planning? Someone's true feelings comes out and all you can do is feel bad but do what's right?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment