Thursday, March 25, 2010

Just Throw It In The Bag!

Out of Town bags that is! Even before I was engaged I had been thinking of ideas of what to put in my Out of Town (OOT) bags for our guests when they arrive at the resort. More importantly though I've been trying to find the perfect tote for our guests.



Love L.L. Bean!


I want our guests to be able to reuse the bags after as well and not just throw them away. I wanted to find a bag that would work well for every kind of situation including the beach. I envisioned our guests opening their bags upon arrival to their room and being so thrilled with not only the contents inside but also the fact they can use it as a beach bag for the week!


Only downfall right now is that the smallest L.L. Bean bag is $17.95. That's not exactly cheap. I've stalked the Internet and found a couple options but nothing captivates me like L.L. Bean. I'm willing to compromise though.


Option 1: Floral Hibiscus totes from Oriental Trading. Which are $9.99 per dozen. Now that's the kind of price I'm talkin' about! Although not a fan of the pattern.


Option 2: Tan's Club makes this white and black polyester tote bag for $3.00 each. The picture doesn't give me much detail and the color is bland but the price is nice!



Option 3: Vista Print offers this cute tote that you can personalize and even add your own image if you want. Also the more you buy the more you save! These totes would cost $5.50 each if I ordered 20. This tote is a close second behind the L.L. Bean one.

Which one is your favorite? Think I should splurge or choose an alternative?

4 comments:

  1. I love the LLB ones but to be honest they're really $$$$. I was thinking of getting them for my bridesmaids, but there's 8 of them - once you fill them... it adds up fast.

    Check out the Tan's club ones - you can prob customize them w/o personalizing them. Mrs. Lemon did something similar. They looked amazing. http://www.weddingbee.com/2007/07/30/diy-details-out-of-town-bags/

    I like the last one too. I looked at Vista totes a while ago - someone had them, don't remember. They looked really good though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, my fave are the LLB ones but I wouldn't spend that much on them. The last one is a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LLB are ammmmmazing. I will look into the Tan Club ones to see about personalizing them but mabye I'll use a monogram tag instead.

    Also thought about getting my bridesmaids (my two sisters) the LL Bean ones as a gift.

    Thanks for the input! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my LLB tote and use it all the time, but for an OOT bag, I'd go with something cheapter. People are going to love the OOT bags no matter what. It's not like they're going to see the OOT bag and think "LLB makes nicer totes." They'll be thinking "Score! Free stuff!" Personally, I like the Vista print one, but if I were in your shoes I'd probably buy the cheapest one I could find.

    ReplyDelete