Thursday, January 28, 2010

A picture is worth a thousand words...



I wanted to take a little break from the dress shopping to talk about one of my favorite passions....photography. I actually considered going to school for photography after I won an award in my HS art show for a photo I took of an ex-boyfriend buuuuuut I decided to stick with majoring in Travel & Tourism instead although continue to have a love for photography. This part of the wedding planning was important to me and I felt that I would skim out or eliminate other aspects of the wedding in order to spend the money on a fantastic photographer. In my eyes a picture can last a lifetime and I want to make sure that every aspect of our special day is capture in a special way (ok didn't mean to sound cheesy and rhyme but it's true!). The resort offers an on-site photographer who is extremely reasonable in price but looking at the photos I just wasn't blown away and their photos didn't seem to be unique. It wasn't until one day I stumbled upon a Facebook group called 'Majestic Colonial Brides' that was my savoir!! Here I could speak to tons of past and future brides that got married at the resort. This is where I learned that most brides share a photographers travel cost to come down and shoot their weddings! That's genius! I checked out several photographers websites and the photos that have been posted previously and this one photographer kept popping up in the photos that I loved! Michael Steingard eh?! I found out that him and his uncle, also known as PhotoPhil, shoot about 55 + weddings a year at the resort! Plus they also handle the photography for the resorts official website. With that being said I knew I had to hire him! I mean just look at his amazing photographs:


Was it hard to choose a photographer? Do you like candid shots or traditional posed?

No comments:

Post a Comment