Thursday, January 28, 2010

The day has finally arrived....part 2

So part of me wanted to continue looking for a dress since I was concerned that the one I liked from David's was a bit too heavy for a destination wedding. I decided to check out RK Bridal in the city by myself one Saturday morning in December. Now you might be wondering A) why would I go alone and B) where is my mother during this entire process?! Well my mother lives in Florida and I wouldn't be able to see her until Christmas so I wanted to weed out all the bad dresses so that when it came time to look at dresses with her, we wouldn't take all day. I went by myself because my sister lives in CT and was unable to come down and I just wanted to get in and get out. And that's exactly what happened! I chose RK Bridal because you don't need an appointment and can just walk in. Well I was completely overwhelmed when I walked in. It was a big loft like room with tons and tons of dresses and I had to put my name on a list and when the next available consultant was ready she would call my name. In the mean time you were free to walk around the room and pick out any dress you want (maximum of 7 dresses). This is where I wish I had someone with me! The dresses were organized by designer which was great but I couldn't find the dresses I like from Mikaella and was getting a little worried that this visit was a mistake. So I looked around starting sweating bullets trying to hold the dresses and also push my way through the racks to see the dresses. FINALLY I realized that if I had listened to the lady upon arrival I would see that there was a designated spot to put the dresses we selected while waiting to try them on. DUH Kristen! So finally my name was called and the lady was super helpful when I tried to explain that I was by myself and that the dresses I wanted weren't available. She left the room and came back a couple minutes later with a bunch of dresses. The first dress was a chiffon flowing dress that just looked drab on me. Yuck! The second dress knocked the socks right off of me. It was gorgeous and it hugged my curves perfectly! I was in complete and utter shock. And I found out that it was the sister company to Mikaella called Paloma Blanca, score! I tried on a couple more but nothing compared to that first dress and it was light too! Another dress caught my eye and it was fun and different plus it had pockets which I thought was awesome. Oh the decisions to make! I was super excited to show my mother the dresses in a couple of weeks and had the lady write down the style number.


The WOW dress

The fun dress




Was your dress shopping experience stressful and overwhelming? Were you torn between two dresses?

1 comment:

  1. I was soooooooo torn between 2 dresses! Even after I had bought a gown! Those dresses are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete