Wednesday, January 27, 2010

When it rains it pours!

So i've been fairly lucky in past years to avoid the curse of the 'year of weddings' where you find yourself attending 5 or 6 weddings in one year....and I guess my ticket is up. Two of our friends announced their engagement earlier last year and will be getting married in June and August. And after our engagement my best friend also got engaged a couple weeks later and was set on getting married a couple weeks after us (10-10-10 to be honest and clearly just for the date). I'm already a bridesmaid in one wedding (the August one) and my best friend also asked the request to be in her wedding as well. I'll be honest I was excited to be in weddings considering the only ones i've been in thus far were my sisters, but both weddings are within weeks of mine and that's a lot of time and money! I had to decline my best friends offer which was extremely hard but then again she declined mine since it would cost a lot more for her to travel to the caribbean than it would if I had a traditional wedding so it ended up being a mutal understanding. So now we have 3 weddings plus ours next year and it's starting to really hit me that it's happening. Bridesmaid newsletters being sent weekly and ideas on what to get the bride as a gift from the wedding party....money here....money there...deposits here....deposits there. ahhhhhhhhh!
To make matters worse my FI's car isnt' running properly and we've been spending money to fix it but the mechanic doesn't seem to fix the problem so we've ended up spending more money and the issue is STILL not resolved. So today's theme is "When It Rains It Pours!"

Anybody else find yourself having days like mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment