Friday, January 29, 2010

The final product!

So I realize that i'm not an expert at taking a photo of my ring nor does it come out as AMAZING as in person but this is the best I can do until I figure out how to take a great photo. It's too bad our photographer did get a close up of our ring in our e-pics (that story to follow shorly). This puppy is 1.71 carats of the most perfect cut, clarity, and color in the center and surrounded by roughly .40 carats (honestly not sure since i'm still waiting on my certificate and appraisal to be delivered).
Honestly, i've been in airports, shopping malls, restaurants and have gotten so many comments on my ring. My girlfriends think he spent over $10K on this ring and I laugh inside because if they only knew he spent under $1500 for the ring. Yes....that wasn't a typo and you read that correctly. It makes more sense to spend the money on a down payment rather than on a ring that to me doesn't have as much meaning at the bond my FI and have with each other and the fact that we want to share the rest of our lives with each other. And besides.....if our 10 year anniversary rolls around he wants to upgrade me he can do that too. ;-)
Would you rather spend money on a bigger diamond or put that money towards a down payment?

2 comments:

  1. Again, it totally fools me. I'd love to be able to see it in person though! When the fiance and I started talking rings I told him I wanted color for the side stones and hopefully something that looked a little "antiquey" looking. Basically the rest was done on his own and what he spent was up to him. My fiance didn't put my ring on credit, he paid cash--just like we are doing for the wedding. It offends me when people say he went into debt for my ring because it's not true. That's when I try and focus more on the aspects of the ring and what they mean (the colors, his grandma's stones) to shut them up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ring is stunning! Definitely looks like an expensive ring. I was completely fooled and thought it was a typo!

    ReplyDelete