Friday, January 8, 2010

Diamonds are a girls best friend! Part 1

Last Valentine's Day my FI and I spent the weekend in the city with another couple and decided to take a stroll down to the diamond district to take a "look" at rings. We talked about marriage for a while now but never got serious enough to start looking. I honestly could have looked at rings a year earlier BUT I think this stage in a relationship is where you leave the ball in his court because I just didn't want to pressure him into anything! If you haven't been to the diamond district it's pretty much a block long of tons of little jewelry shops on each side of the street and even if you window shop they come out and ask if you need any help! I normally avoid walking down that block when i'm in the city since it can get a tad annoying but today I was totally ready. Little did we know that most shops are closed on Sundays and that limited us to only a handful of shops. We walked into one store and realized it was about a dozen jewelry stores all connected by their jewelry cases. Not exactly what I was expecting for our first time since we were practically attacked when we walked into the door. So we hit the first jeweler and express our thoughts and feelings. I thought I already knew what I wanted....pave setting with princess cut. I fell in love with my sister's MOH at her wedding and said to myself, "I want THAT ring!" Well they didn't have that exact ring but I tried on a princess solitare ring and to my surprise it just didn't 'WOW!' me. Ugh, bummer! And I knew I didn't want round because in my opinion that was just too plain and boring for me. Then my FI suggested the same stone that was in the ring he bought me in Mexico a few months back. Mind you this ring turned my finger green but it was beautiful. LOL The ring he bought me in Mexico was pear shaped and never in a million years would I have thought of having a pear shaped engagment ring. So I tried on a solitare to my amazement I LOVED it!

Did you know what kind of ring you wanted and it turned out not to be the one you liked on?

No comments:

Post a Comment