Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The day has finally arrived....




....to try on wedding dresses! I have been dreaming about this day since I was little girl(although one rainy summer day back in 2001 my mother thought it would be fun to go into David's Bridal to 'look around' and she then proceeded to tell me to try on one dress which I did soooo technically this isn't my first time BUT this is finally OFFICIAL!). My MOH, which is my sister, and I headed to David's Bridal in early November to check out some dresses and to get an idea. She is 3 months pregnant so I figured this would be a good time to look before she gets too big to help me with the dresses. So I printed out a good 8 or 9 dresses that I wanted to try on and the sales lady went off to dress land and brought back most of the dresses. One dress in particular caught my eye as well as my sisters but we would try on others first. I knew I wanted strapless and something with a train...and nothing too form fitting since these hips will scream if I do. The first dress goes on and i'm not feeling it. The rouching (sp?) accented my stomach area the wrong way. Next dress...same thing. A couple dresses in I tried on a two-toned dress that also caught my eye since I started searching and it fit beautifully but it didn't 'WOW' me. Also realizing that every dress was bringing out areas that I need to improve on in the gym kind of sucked to be honest but we keep trudging on. Finally THE dress was the last one we tried on and it was gorgeous. It was one from their Oleg Cassini collection and would have to ordered. Man was it heavy which started to concern me when thinking about getting married in the caribbean in 95 degree weather. I absolutely LOVED the back of the dress the most and it just totally screamed ME! Although it was more of a traditional dress and I wasn't exactly having a traditional wedding. So I went home all beaming but was curious to see other dresses.
Did you find your dress on the first visit or did it take you a couple of stores to find THE dress?

No comments:

Post a Comment