Thursday, January 7, 2010

Wanna play spin the bottle?

So you're probably wondering why I called my blog "It all started with spin the bottle?!" Well since I was a huge tom boy back in the day I spent my summers hanging out with the kids up the street who were all boys. We would ride our bikes, dig holes in the sands and build tree forts. I met this one boy who lived on the street next to mine this one summer and we all decided to play spin the bottle. It wasn't until the proposal, which we will get to later, that I realized I played spin the bottle with three boys! Go me! Well I only kissed one boy and little did I know that boy would turn out to be the love of my life and now my fiance! This entire journey that i'm currently on all started with spin the bottle......

Since my fiance is 3 years older than me we parted ways after that summer since he moved up to junior high and I stayed behind. I would see him every blue moon around town over the years and remember that fun filled summer but never thought we would reconnect. It wasn't until one day in April of 2006 I decided to search a social media website for people in my hometown that suddenly out of nowhere I found him!

Nervously I decided to write him a message that went along the lines of something like, "Hey! I don't know if you remember me but I'm that dorky girl down the street that played spin the bottle with you when we were younger. How are you?" I pressed send and sat in my seat questioning whether that was the right approach. Well a day later I get a response back and to my surprise it wasn't just a quick hello, it was a full paragraph! From there we exchanged words here and there and it wasn't until a couple months later that we actually spoke over the phone and from there it became a whirlwind journey!

I lived in Illinois at the time and he lived in New York but it wasn't long before (6 months to be exact) I decided to move back home and really take this relationship to the next level. And 3 years later we have decided to take it to another level...marriage!

2 comments:

  1. Great story! I was one of only 2 girls in my neighborhood too so I can relate. To this day most of my friends are guys.

    Mr.B & I dated back in '02 & he typed my name into myspace a couple yrs ago and we got back together. Thank goodness for those sites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah....ok so I admit it was myspace as well but I decided to use the more formal version just in case! LOL Guess that cat is out of the bag!

    ReplyDelete