Monday, February 1, 2010

My colors are blush and bashful!


source


HAHA! Every time I think about a wedding I refer back to the movie "Steel Magnolias" because it is just so funny when they describe Shelby's wedding. My sister and I to this day always quote that line when we talk about my colors.



















(source: here, here, here, not specified, here, Belle Nouvelle Designs, Joyful Heart Design)
Anyways, I thought I would attempt to create an inspiration board with the theme and color scheme of the wedding. Side note: making an inspiration board for the first time was a task in itself and I'm hoping it gets easier in the future!

So my two older sisters used cobalt and lavender/lilac for their wedding colors so I didn't want to repeat any of that plus I wanted to keep a similar beachy color theme. I didn't want it to be too bright though. My favorite color since I was little was blue, like a sky/tiffany blue, so it wasn't hard for me to choose a color. The question is, what kind of blue? I found a color, steel blue, when looking for bridesmaid dresses on dessy.com and fell in love with that color of the tiffany blue! As much as I love tiffany blue, it is just a little too bright for me for a wedding.


I want to also incorporate a little bit of yellow or orange as the accent color either on tables/chairs or in the flowers. This is all still a work in progress but i'm excited that I chose my color!


Was it easy to pick out a color/theme? What did you end up choosing?

2 comments:

  1. I love that color, steel blue :) I agree on the Tiffany color too, although it's beautiful, I think as a main color you were right that it'll be a bit much. Yellow and orange would look stunning with the steel blue. Oddly enough, I was considering a color of blue and yellow for my wedding colors HAHA I still haven't decided. I'm 8 months out, I have some time--no wedding party makes that easier--but it needs to be decided upon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I love "Steel Magnolias"! Thank goodness dresses and hair don't look like what Miss Julia was sporting in that movie. UGH My favorite character was the crabby neighbor with her huge dog!

    ReplyDelete