Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Dun Dun Dun!!!!

I hate invitations (que the suspense music). OK fine I don't exactly HATE invitations but the thought of choosing out of a bazillion designs makes me cringe and put the white flag up. I am quite particular about what I am looking for and whenever I find something that is amazing and perfect I look at the price tag and want to pass out. $1000 for 125 invites?! Are you nuts?


We have so much information to put on our invitations that a regular invitation with a reply card just won't do. I wish it was that simple but life's a b*tch and who said planning a wedding was E-A-S-Y!

Pocketfolds or envelopments are a dream come true.



Source

Aren't they beautiful?! Not only do you get an invitation but also pockets to include accommodations, reception and direction cards. I find it to be unique yet keeps things organized because I know for a fact that when someone sends me an invitation and it has other cards included I tend to lose them. The price tag though comes to over $6 per invite. ::Sigh::

I mentioned my invitation anxiety to my MOH, which happens to be my sister who got married a couple years back, and she told me that her company gets 50% off invitations from several companies. Whhhhhhhhhaaaaaaat???? Then all of sudden the choir sang in my head "hallelujah!" It was like someone was answering my prayers! I don't think of myself as a religious person but there are desperate times when I pray for something, but this wasn't one of those times yet it was like someone was listening to me.

Could my dream of having the perfect invite actually come true?!! My MOH sent me the link the next day and I stalked every page up and down for the perfect one. To be continued.....

Did you have an anxieties about invitations or with any other planning aspect? Do you think spending $1000 on invitations is worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment