Saturday, February 20, 2010

Let's Take A Step Back

Source
I think today was the one of the first days that I didn't have an extra skip in my step at the thought of the getting married. I normally have the biggest smile on my face whenever I think about the big day and welllll today doesn't seem to be that kind of day.
I went to David's Bridal this morning to look at bridesmaid's dresses for a wedding i'm in a month prior my own. Yes. A month before mine! The bride has chosen the color clover and has given us bridesmaid free reign on the choice of dress just as long as it is clover. So I decided to go in and try on a couple dresses to figure out which one looks best on me. Honestly it didn't go so well. The dresses were great but I looked horrible and bloated. It was a huge reality check and the images haven't left my head ever since.
I started thinking about my own wedding dress and the fact that I need to lose a bit of weight and tone everythng up especially my back up so that I can showcase the gorgeous open back of the dress. The fact that I haven't done anything about it sucks. It's hard to get motivated and not want to eat all those yummy delicious foods out there.
My biggest fear on my wedding day is not being able to zip up my own dress! Ahhh!
Can you imagine?! I'm nervous to try my dress on again too. Being at David's Bridal today I saw the dress I fell in love with but was just too heavy to wear for a wedding in the caribbean, and a little part of me was sad because I really did love that dress. It's completely different from my own dress and more traditional with the long train. So not only am I have body image issues and i'm also questioning my own dress selection! It's like I want the best of both worlds! I love two dresses and I can't wear them both.
I understand i'm having a day where i'm bored (for once!) and left to sit around my aparment and continue to think about what just happened but I have to do something about this. I don't want to continue to worry about this either.
Soooo....I took a step in the right direction and after reading several wedding blogs about this DVD program I finally caved in and bought it. Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred is officially mine and I hope she can kick my butt into shape!
Have you ever had a bad day where you let your worries get to you? What did you to fix it?

No comments:

Post a Comment