Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tainted Painted Nails



I'm not normally one to follow every fashion trend but I decided after hearing the buzz on this new nail color that I would finally try it out. Normally I just stick with a standard red, french, or buff nail look since i'm always having to work in front of clients and it's not necessarily professional (in my eyes at least) to have a bright wild and crazy color on my nails.

Chanel came out in the fall with a new nail polish color called Jade. I heard all about it on the radio, from co-workers and in magazines. And the other day I decided to go bold and try it. I absolutely love the color to begin with so I was excited to try it.

(taken from my phone)



Ok so honestly I know the picture does absolutely NO justice (go figure!) but it was BOLD and very minty! Trust me it's a lot brighter than the pictuer above. My FI says my fingers look like M&M's. FML! I absolutely hated it and yet it's been about 5 days and i'm still wearing it! HA HA! I keep forgetting to take it off at night since i'm busy with Jillian Michael's kicking my butt!
This got me thinking about my nails the day of the wedding and I realize that if you are going to stick with a bold color so be it but try not to make it wild and crazy that it takes away from the beauty of the bride. :)
And so kids today's lesson learned is that you don't have to follow every single trend on the market because you make look like a clown!
Anybody else share similar stories of trying to keep up with the trends and miserably fail???

No comments:

Post a Comment