Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Doesn't make the cut....sorry!

So I spoke about my first dress shopping experience at David's Bridal (DB) but I never revealed any pictures until now! It wasn't that I didn't like some of the dresses but they just didn't make the cut!







I really liked this dress on me, it was a contender and it's especially unique for the two-tones but like I said before it just didn't WOW me. Note: I wasn't ready for some of the pictures which explains my facial expressions. LOL





I liked this dress and the ruching but it was just too plain for me and also a bit heavy.



I just didn't like this dress at all, the way the ruching is in the front bottom. yuck! Plus I am not a sweatheart neck fan as well.





I feel like it drew attention to my tummy and the fact that I had a large breakfast (dang it waffles!).



Closer picture of the tummy






I realized I don't like taffeta because it looks all wrinkley and like a windbreaker jacket. I loved the top though!




This was actually the first wedding dress I tried on that day. And honestly it was nice but the material just wasn't right for me. I will say that this experience was fun but it brought out all the flaws that I need to work on (i.e. flabby arms, waffle filled tummy) and although at first it was a downer, I turned the frown upside down and told myself this should be motivation to get my butt back into gear! That story will follow later of course.
How many trips to a bridal salon did it take you to find THE dress? Was it fun? Did you have anxiety about the experience? Did you find it motivation to get into the dress you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment