Thursday, February 4, 2010

Going to the chapel and we're gonnna get MARRIED! (singing)


You can't help but starting singing along to that song when you hear it! OK well back to reality... so when we decided to have a destination wedding at the Majestic Elegance Resort we had numerous options to choose from as far as the actual ceremony goes and also the reception. Our wedding package includes the option of having your ceremony on the beach, at the gazebo, or in the chapel. While we thought the beach was set up beautifully we just didn't think it was our best option since it can tend to be windy and you can't prevent people walking half naked on the beach to end up in your photos. Not exactly what I envisioned when looking back on my wedding day. Plus I've seen numerous pictures of brides with their veils flying in the air from the wind and that would annoy me. So we nixed that idea real quick and figured we would get some great shots on the beach after.

So we decided on the gazebo. Surround by luscious gardens and a beautiful walkway that resembles walking down the aisle. It's cozy and intimate so all our guests can be part of the ceremony.

I just love how they decorate it! I can envision DIY programs now!





I look at this picture above and get really excited because this will probably be the view that my FI has as he watches me walk down the aisle with my father. Butterflies!!! I love this post because it really gets me so excited for the big day.
Was it easy for you to choose a sight for the ceremony? What would you choose if you were in my shoes?

Source of all pictures: here, and here

1 comment:

  1. Two thumbs up on the gazebo! I thought the same about the beach. Besides, like you said, you can get photos there later too. That view of what your FI will have is so pretty. Do they let you "hold" the chapel though in case it rains? If not, is there a Plan B?

    As for myself, it was easy once we found the place. It took forever. I still would love to have the ceremony though by the pond instead of on the patio, but so far everyone says it'll be easier on the patio. Bummer.

    Wrapped in Happiness: http://www.peaandcarrot.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete