Thursday, February 11, 2010

Crave a good e-pic session: Part 2

As the date approached so did a nasty snow storm. It hit the mid-west and was coming straight for the east coast. I stalked weather.com to see what the weather would be like not only for the sake of our pictures but because our photographer was flying in for the day!

Our pictures were on the Sunday before Christmas and the day before was when the snow started and it forced his flight to be cancelled. For some reason I wasn't that upset since I stressed about what I would wear and how I would do my hair. And to be honest it was a blessing in disguise and I would come to realize this more and more over the weeks that followed.

So we rescheduled for Saturday, January 23rd and I was super excited since we didn't have to worry about heading to work the next day and also had more time to shoot photos. And in the mean time I stressed over what I would wear and how I would wear my hair. Well to be honest there was only one way to wear my hair and that was down straight like I normally do. Boring. Until one day I called in sick and needed just a mental health day. Everyone needs them, right?

I decided to clean the bathroom and stumbled upon a 3/4" curling iron unopened. It had been collecting dust for months and I decided it was time to play with my hair. Now for those that don't know me my hair is naturally wavy/curvy and any sign of humidity and my straight hair goes to sh*t. So I flat iron my hair in the winter time so it's pretty straight. For once I was thinking of going for the wavy curl look like this:

So I have something to admit. I actually googled "how to curl medium hair" and watched a youtube video for it. And to my surprise it came out pretty darn good for never using a curling iron in my entire life. Whaaaaat? Yes, never before!


So I went to work the next morning with my hair done and everyone complimented on it and then it was at that moment I realized I would do this for our e-pics! I was beyond estatic and thought, "man I am so happy we postponed our pictures!"

Stay tuned for our e-pic adventures in NYC!

No comments:

Post a Comment