Friday, February 5, 2010

No heels allowed!

source


Part of wedding dress shopping is figuring out what footwear to choose that will compliment your dress. Unfortunately I don't get to have fun with this category since i'm about half an inch taller than my FI. Boo! I didn't realize how excited I would be about a pair of heels until I went to shop for dresses for the first time and the wedding consultant mentioned to pick out a pair of shoes to try on with the dresses. So I went over to the shoe section and saw all these cute and pretty heels and that's when it hit me that I wasn't going to be able to enjoy a great pair of heels on my wedding day.

Normally I will wear heels at work since I don't need to worry about towering over people. I'm 5'8" to begin with so with heels I can look like a giant. LOL! Whenever my FI and I have to dress for a formal affair I have in the past worn heels but not a high ones.


I've read several blogs where brides talk about their shoes choices and I envy them!
Source
I just think the color would pop and add some flare! Oh how pretty you would look with a great pedicure!

So now I am forced to wear a ballet flat most likely which is fine but let me just drool over these for a while. =)

Anyone else have to resort to flats for the wedding day? What did you choose to do?

2 comments:

  1. Oh those are pretty. My fiance is amost a foot taller than I am (5'4 1/2 to 6'4") so I could wear heels--but I don't think I would survive in them. Yes, they would be awesome for photos. Yes, I'd love to wear them during the ceremony. But I know me and before photos are even over if the heels are over 2" or so I'll be dying. The reception--haha--forget it. I'll be in flats. I might have to trail you here and see what you go with in the flats department--maybe we can help each other!

    Wrapped in Happiness: http://www.peaandcarrot.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fiance is a tad shorter than me too. I'm SO SO SO sad I don't get to wear pretty heels. Flats just aren't as pretty... Boo! :(

    ReplyDelete