Tuesday, February 2, 2010

www.createaweddingwebsite.com LOL

Ok so that's now really a website, at least I think it's not, but before we decide on our Save The Dates (STD's) I wanted to create a website that our guests could go to and find all more information not only about our wedding but also where to book, wedding day events, FAQ's, contact information etc. Since our wedding has a lot of details this would be a perfect way for everyone to be on the same page and I could rest easier at night instead of being bombarded by phones calls asking the same question over and over again, "when is that date? where are you getting married? how do I book?" I can just see it now so i'm avoiding it at all costs.

I joined The Knot a while ago and they have a feature where you can create your own wedding website for free. Great! So I started creating our webpage and then realized the actual web adress was extremely long....some along the lines of www.theknot.com/weddings/brideandgroom (not a real webpage) and to be honest that was way too long and wouldn't fit the STD magnets I was looking to purchase. So I started searching around for other websites that provide free wedding websites. I really wasn't happy with my choice so I found this and decided to pay the $9.99/month in order to create our own webpage and have maximum storage room for all the details. Plus it comes with some creative backgrounds and even music. I'll admit that paying $10/month is an unwanted expense but in the end it will be worth it and I can fit the address on our STD.

It wasn't until recently that I finally added the final touches to the website since the photos I chose originally just fill in were old ones and included one of us with a drink in our hand and that personally didn't appeal to me. LOL!

Did you create your own website? If so, did you go with whatever name they gave you or did you customize it?

No comments:

Post a Comment