Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Crave a good e-pic session!

I spoke previously about my love for photography and how we decided on the photographer that we will use for our wedding and I also mentioned how when it rains it pours when it comes to weddings all in one year. I started seeing these beautiful engagement pictures that my other friends getting married this year had taken and I just was green with envy. I was bummed because our photographer lives in Toronto and it's not that easy to just schedule an engagement session. I mean it's easy to do, you just book a date and pay for his flight but should we splurge or should we just use one of the many pictures we have from one of our vacations?!


So I contacted our photographer to see how much it would cost us for the engagement session as well as when he would be available so I could get an idea of how much flights would cost. Although I already made up my mind regardless of the cost that I wanted to have e-pics taken! So we picked a date for Sunday, December 20th and even though I was super excited part of me wishes we could take them when it's a bit warmer out.

As the date approached I started surfing the web to get inspired and map out where I wanted to go in the city. I definitely wanted to go to Central Park but the question is, where in Central Park?! One night I was watching WE TV because I love watching everything and anything wedding related (I think I have a problem but I'm sure I'm not the only one!) and one of my favorite shows "My Fair Wedding" with David Tutera was on and the couple had a photo shoot in Central Park at the Belvedere Castle. I squealed and then picked my jaw up from the ground since I was so blown away by the beauty of the castle. I just knew that we had to go there for our pictures!Source

Ok so Central Park...check! Since it was around Christmas I thought it would be perfect to incorporate Rockefeller Center and the big Christmas tree PLUS our first date was at a restaurant located near Rockefeller so I figured we could swing by and take a picture or two there. What better way to have some symbolism in our photos!


For almost a whole day at work I scanned tons of websites trying to find more inspirations and then BAM! I stumbled upon this photographers blog and my eyes lit up! Everything I ever wanted in engagement pictures were right in front of my eyes. I fell in love all over again! RJT Pictures had a blog on a couple who had their engagement photos in NYC and I drooled....over and over again.


Doesn't it just make your heart melt at how beautiful and fun these photos are?!

I instantly forwarded the blog to my photographer and he agreed that those were great spots. I couldn't be more excited! Now it was up to figuring out what outfit to wear.....

Did you have to pay extra for your engagement photos or was it included in your package? Was it worth the splurge? Were you happy with your results? Was it easy finding an outfit?

No comments:

Post a Comment