Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Story Behind The Date

So I realize that I told you about our engagement and why we decided on a destination wedding but I never told you why we chose September 18th, 2010. Actually I don't think I ever mentioned the date to be honest! ha ha! Oops!

Well the date does not have any significance BUT we chose September because of where we wanted to go on our honeymoon. Yeah, normally it's the opposite way around but if you haven't already noticed, we do things backwards here in the land of moi. =)

My FI and I have traveled to the caribbean and Mexico and since we were getting married in the Dominican Republic we wanted to do something different for our honeymoon. We could have opted to stay an additional week at the resort like other couples do but we see this time in our lives as a prime time to travel and see the world before little mini-me's start running around!

As sad as this is to admit, we were inspired by a movie called "Beerfest" which is a movie about Oktoberfest. I'm German so I've always wanted to travel to Germany and see where my family came from so I wasn't against this idea at all. We thought to ourselves, 'Wouldn't it be awesome if we went to Oktoberfest for our honeymoon???' So from there was how we decided that September it is!

Now it was just a matter of when in September. So I contacted the wedding coordinator at our resort to see what dates were available in mid-September since Oktoberfest is the last 3 weekends. Wondering why Oktoberfest is in mainly in September and not in October? Click here to find out why. Anyways, so the wedding coordinator got back to me with a few dates but we liked Saturday, September 18th because this would be perfect for those who wanted to spend a long weekend and not have to take much time off of work. Plus we have a few teachers in my family so this would also benefit them.

How do you come up with your wedding date? Was it easy?

2 comments:

  1. Oktoberfest is AWESOME! Mr B's been and I've seen the pics and now he's dying to bring me. SOO COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome! And we are getting married a week after you guys!

    ReplyDelete