Monday, February 8, 2010

My ideas are blossoming!




So now that i've got the dress, picked our location/theme and colors...the next best thing is to decide on the flowers! Now typically most brides like the incorporte the tropical theme into their wedding by having local flowers from the island in their bouquet. Even though we are getting married in the caribbean I still want to maintain a simple, classy and elegant affair in a far away place. Does that make any sense? NOT saying that having a tropical themed wedding is not classy nor elegant but I want to keep it simple and not go too bright with the colors. Thanks to the Facebook Group "Majestic Colonial Brides" I was able to stumble upon real touch flowers. What are real touch flowers you ask? Well they are state-of-the-art-man-made flowers that look and feel geniunely real. They are not the type of flowers you find in Michaels or any other craft store. AND they won't wilt in the hot humid heat! I realize many brides use these flowers for their weddings since they don't have to worry about the flower being in season or not.

So I wandered around the internet for companies that provide these services and stumbled upon two that really catch my eye. Angels Accents has many gorgeous options and I've heard wonderful things about their products although their ordering process is a bit intimidating to me. There is also Enchanted Memories Store that also provides not just flowers but favors and such.

Source

LOVE hydrangeas and think they look so amazing in a bouquet.




Source

Love to incorporate yellow flowers into the mix to add some accent color with the blue. Tweedie flowers are so cute!



The Knot
I'm thinking this would be a top candidate for my bouquet.


Have you ever considered getting faux flowers for your wedding? If so, did you enjoy the quality? Would you do it over again with faux flowers?


1 comment:

  1. I'm having natural touch flowers for my wedding bouquet. The "real" version would cost almost $350 in Jamaica! Um, no! I haven't gotten them yet (they will be here in July) but I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete