Thursday, February 11, 2010

MY way or the highway

As the months go by and the planning process continues to unfold, the money quickly comes out of the account just as quickly as it went in, and I start to be thrown in all different directions. And I realize how quickly we can be shaped and formed into something we're not. I became glued to the computer reading blog after blog of DIY ideas and inspiration boards wishing I could be like others who blog and then I attempted to apply to blog.

And I waited....and waited....and tried to make my blogs to their liking instead of just simply writing how I wanted. Then I got my rejection letter which I was expecting anyways since my gut feeling is never wrong. There are probably many things I could have changed or tweaked in my application but being so overwhelmed with excitement at the thought of blogging for a website overcame me and I hit 'send' so quickly without really looking at what I wrote.

My first reaction was really bummed but then I realized that I was trying to be someone i'm not and change my ideas, hopes and dreams for my wedding just to be recognized by a website. Losing sight of why I blogged in the first place; just to get MY ideas and MY thoughts down on paper (well computer) so that I wouldn't drive myself nuts.

NOT saying that my previous blogs were not my ideas but I tweaked some things to make my blog noticeable when really I don't care if it's read daily by tons of people or just myself (shout out to my best blog friend CurlySue who has been a blessing to talk to!).

So from now on i'm blogging my way and I hope you enjoy it! Don't expect it to have perfect grammar or punctuation! LOL

1 comment:

  1. I think what you have put together for your wedding so far is fantastic and I applaud you for you not trying to bend for others. All aboard the Future Mrs. Malandro train of wedding planning fun! Toot toot!

    Wrapped in Happiness: http://www.peaandcarrot.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete