Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tonight we're gonna party like it's 1999! (singing part 2)

HAHA! I had to continue my singing escapade since the first half of my wedding day details had it! C'mon you know you were singing too!



The Wet Bar.....the place where we will drink, dine, and dance! Part of the wedding package at the resort offers you a free dinner for you and your guests in one of the restaurants but to me that's not very intimate and private since we'll be dining with everyone else in the resort. So it would be just like every other night at the resort which isn't special. I want to also make it memorable for our guests since they are taking the time and money to come down to celebrate with us. So we chose to pay extra for our own private dinner reception from 6:30pm - 11pm. Here we will have a buffet menu, cut the cake, speeches, our first dance, father/daughter and mother/son dances and the whatever the night will bring us.


LOVE the lanterns! Not sure if i'm going to have enough people to do the tradtional bouquet toss. Kind of leaning towards scratching that from the program. source


Love the set up but does it look more like a birthday party than a wedding? My mother commented on that to me. I love the hanging lanterns!




My mother even wants to hire fire dancers to entertain our guests. NEVER would have imagined them to suggest that! I believe it's about $500 for a 10 minute show and to me that's not worth it but then again if they want to pay for it who I am to say no?! Speaking of entertainment we are going to rent a sound system and hook our i-pods up to it and make a playlist for each part of the night (i.e. dinner music, first dance, cutting the cake) and that is going to be one of my FI responsibilities since i'm taking care of that.
The resort doesn't decorate the reception area much except for putting white table linens and chair covers. It is our responsibility to bring down any other decorations that we want. Although we can choose centerpieces from the resort for an additional cost which we just might do since it's too plain to leave the table without something in the middle....at least in my eyes. Decorations is another story to come but for now do you think I should buy table runners in our colors or table clothes? Maybe colored napkins? Mind you I have to bring all of this down with me including my dress and whatever else I plan to wear that week so maybe nix the napkins?



source: Majestic Colonial Brides Facebook Group, and here.

1 comment:

  1. That first pic looks awesome. Love the light bags on the walkway! Your wedding sounds so awesome. :)

    About the bouquet toss, I won't have enough girls either and I won't be doing it--I saw a cute photo somewhere and the bouquet was hung up on a tree trunk with a cute sign saying anyone could take it. That way you won't embarrass-if they get embarrassed anyway-a single gal who is there.

    I kinda agree on the birthday party photo. I'm not one for chair covers though so maybe that's it. I guess for me, it's too formal for me. Do you know what the chairs look like without them? I know I'd step on the covers.

    And fire dancers--yeah, that's a lot of money for just 10 minutes, but I would find out exactly how long they'll perform. That sounds so cool and definitely a great opportunity for photos and an experience for you and the guests. Oh and how about a cool pic with the fire dancer men? hehehe

    Wrapped in Happiness: http://www.peaandcarrot.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete