Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Save The Dates!


Source

Now that i've completed our website it is on to finding the perfect Save the Date (STD). I thought about the many options (i.e. postcards, magnets, cards) and the one that stood out the most and also practical was the magnet. Who doesn't love a magnet! Most people will post the STD on the fridge anyways so you might as well make it duel purpose! Now the next question is which website to use! There are so many to choose from like here, here, or here.

I would like to have our picture on the it as well but also enough room to include our information and the website. I really liked the one below but honestly we didn't have enough 'formal' pictures of us to use. Our engagement photos weren't scheduled for another couple of weeks (a story for another time) and would take about a month after to get all of our photos so I had to scratch this idea.


http://www.agiftfulheart.com/


I then stumpled upon Magnet Street and found a wide variety of magnets that fit my criteria. Now it was time to just decide what one fits the best! The one I chose (below) I liked how the picture fit and all the information didn't look smooshed. Please note that I cut the bottom off so you can't see the website for perosnal reasons, no offense. =) You can't tell but I chose a light blue for the colored font. When I received the actual magnets about 2 weeks later it didn't look exactly like the proof below. Our cheeks were flushed almost like we had the flu and our lips looked like a hot pink mess! Granted that's ok for me but not on my FI! Most people when I asked them couldn't even tell that we were a bit on the rouge side until I pointed it out which made me feel better. Overall I was happy with my STD. Now it's just a matter of sending all of them out!



source: my own picture.


Did you decide to use STD's? Was it easy to choose a style? Did you like the overall look?

No comments:

Post a Comment