Tuesday, May 11, 2010

You're going to trash what?? Think again!

This might be one of the most revealing posts I've written thus far but that's OK because I want others to know that wedding planning is NOT always about sunshine and cupcakes! Remember about a month ago I was so excited on my impulse purchase on EBay? If not, read here. I received the dress in a tiny box about 2 weeks ago and I couldn't wait to get home to try it on! The dress was the same size as my wedding dress so it was perfect and meant to be......or so I thought.

The dress is absolutely gorgeous and flowy.
Except it doesn't fit (cue loser music "wah waaah")


Let me explain how I got this dress on to begin with. Since it was only myself I put it on backwards so the zipper was in the front. The dress has a corset back and then you zipper up. So I was able to get ONE hook which clearly almost broke by the time I was done. THEN I had to suck it in for a good minute to try and turn the dress around right. Picture a dog chasing it's tail and that's what you got. No joke.

About 5 minutes later I finally got the dress on right. Notice the hook stretching in this picture?? Le sigh. Then I attempted to zip it up and that only got me half way until I decided to breathe and zipper went right back down to the start. ::insert pointing and laughing::


Um. yeah. The top is too big and pointy and CLEARLY a huge gap! I'm just a mess at this point.


Such a horrible picture but since it wasn't zipped up this is what I got. I look like a line backer to be honest! Bummer.


So ladies unfortunately I've decided to not use this dress and possibly resell it. My heart keeps telling me to use my own dress for the TTD session anyways and after this bump in the road I think its a sign. Luckily I didn't break the bank with this purchase but its still a disappointment not to mention my butt has to get to the gym because I cannot have this happen to my other dress!

What was your disappointment thus far in wedding planning?

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! So sorry! Can it be altered at all to fit properly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duuude - no way that sucks!! You think it would be worth it to bring the dress to a tailor? Maybe they can work some magic since there's too much room in the front & not enough in the back? Can't hurt to go ask & get a price quote, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried having someone else get it on you? Cuz I'm pretty much an expert at the zip and turn, but I could never get enough wiggle room to do it in my dress. Obviously, it doesn't fit right, but if you haven't tried getting it on with a helper, it might be worth a shot before you get rid of it. Just saying, might not be too hard to fix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nicoliolihpf - I actually did have someone help me and got it up but the zipper has been used so much that when I breathed it zipped right back down =( Boo!

    I've had enough time to think about it and my gut feeling is to use my dress for the TTD session because when else am I going to wear it? Most brides say the dress comes out cleaner after the session since you go in the water.

    THANKS EVERYONE!!! Not exactly the easiest of posts, can you believe how huge the gap is on the top?? LOL

    ReplyDelete