Monday, April 19, 2010

You're going to trash what??? Part 2


As I previously mentioned, we will be have a TTD session a couple days after our wedding and I wasn't sure if I wanted to use my wedding dress or purchase a cheaper dress to use for the photo shoot. I've been going back and forth on the idea and to be honest I'm still on the fence about what to do.

I've scoured the internet for the perfect TTD: light material with some beading. I fell in love with a dress a previous bride wore for her TTD by our photographers uncle. I sent her a message on Facebook to see where she got it from and she finally got back to me but unfortunately she purchased the dress last year on sale from Nordstroms. I stalked their website but to no avail.

Photo by PhotoPhil

I just love the beading around the top and the dress looks light and flowing. This photographer rocks and I just can't wait for our TTD.


So I marched on and searched high and low through the Internet for discounted wedding gowns on both preownedweddingdresses.com, craigslist, and EBay. I mean I literally haunted those sites for weeks and I just couldn't find anything in my price range nor the style.


Until yesterday when I stumbled upon a seller on EBay who sold sample dresses for cheap. Extremely detailed about the dress and it was exactly what I was looking for and the price was just unbeatable. The starting bid: 99 cents. What? Yes. Unbelievable. The sale was ending in 3 hours so I decided to watch it for a bit. I got home and realized I never checked the dress to see if was sold or not and rushed to turn on my computer. I still had 40 minutes to go and it was up to $52. So I put in my bid and instantly got outbid.

I kept asking myself "What are you thinking?! You sure you want to do this? What if you win?"


It came down the last couple of minutes and bets started going up. I got nervous. Should I bet? Should I walk away? Finally it came down to 30 seconds and I put my maximum bid of $105 in and shut my eyes like the computer was about to blow up! Then I refreshed the page and in big bold green font it said "Winner!"

Oh. My. Gosh.

I didn't know if I should be excited or nervous. It all happened so fast. So I paid the seller and continued to stare at the dress.

I am now the owner of James Clifford gown. I've never even heard of the designer but the more I stared at the dress the more I started to get excited for the arrival. I won't keep you in suspense anymore so here are the pictures provided:





I absolutely fell in love with the beading and the rouching of the chiffon.



Here is a close up of the beading. I think it looks a tad dirty which is fine because I will get this dry cleaned of course.


Isn't the back stunning??



Since this was a sample dress the seller warned me that there are snags/runs all over the dress that can be easily fixed by my lovely mother. I'm not too concerned about that because I'm not wearing this on my wedding day anyways and it will be going through hell in the jungle regardless.
I bought this on impulse and it's still a shock that I won but I can't wait for this arrival hopefully next week. I told my FI and he was even excited about it which made me feel better.


Stay tuned for picture of me in the dress....hopefully it fits!

Have you bought something for your wedding on impulse? If so, what was it? Were you happy with your choice or regret it?


*all photos are from Ebay


3 comments:

  1. The dress is very pretty! I wanted a cheap other dress for our trash the dress. Could you email me the ebay seller?
    P.S. Come on over and check out my shoe giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! It's really pretty. I was about to suggest to check stores for prom dresses cheap - I was totally not expecting to read that you won but that's awesome! Isn't that a great feeling?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I am super excited about it now and can't wait to get the tracking number so I can track it! LOL

    @Chocolate Lover - seller is Fabulous_gowns on Ebay. She has a lot of gowns so hopefull you see something you like! I will check out your page shortly for the shoe giveaway!

    @BeerBudgetBride - Awesome feeling now that I've had a couple of days to soak in the win! hehehe! Now let's hope it fits!

    ReplyDelete