Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring Cleaning

The weather is absolutely gorgeous out and I'm so excited that spring has finally arrived. It's now April and that means opening the windows and doing some spring cleaning! I try to go through all my clothes once a year and throw out the ones I don't wear anymore although its been hard the last two years because I keep saying I'm going to lose weight and fit back into those old jeans from 2005! So I finally am giving up that motto and facing reality. LOL

When I first moved back to NY my mother gave me a bunch of blazers (does anybody use that word anymore??) that she used to wear for work but now that she lives in FL she doesn't need them. I'm one of those people that won't say "no" to most freebies and I knew I probably would never wear what she gives me. And I was right....


These are the two piles of clothes I am throwing out. I went through my closet and my drawers. Notice the first pile with the blazers in those lovely bright colors. Yuck.


This is a plaid Ann Taylor jacket that's probably from 1997! Yikes.

A bright yellow blazer with the biggest shoulder pads EVER! What was she thinking??

I just had to try on the yellow jacket to show you just how big the shoulder pads are. Talk about looking HOT! Ha ha! Just kidding!


I feel refreshed and can check this off the list of to-do's that actually isn't wedding related. Two big garbage bags full of clothes off to the clothing box by our dry cleaners. I just love how much room I have now in my dresser drawers that I don't have to push down hard in order for it to clothes. C'mon you know what I'm talking about ladies?!

I hope everyone has a fantastic holiday weekend and enjoys this gorgeous weather!!

No comments:

Post a Comment