Monday, April 5, 2010

Mini-Bridezilla Moment

Cute Picture

For the most part my entries have been pretty up beat. I haven't really had a moment where I want to stomp my feet and have a temper tantrum if I don't get my way. And although I'm not having a temper tantrum yet, I'm still a little peeved about a certain situation that arised over the weekend.

The whole point of having a destination wedding was to avoid the normal drama that planning a traditional wedding can bring (i.e. you can't sit this uncle next to this person because they've had bad blood over a garden gnome 20 years ago). I expected to have some drama which is fine but I got a slap in the face recently (not literally). I understand that many people will not be able to attend our wedding since it can cost money and time that some people don't have. But I received an e-mail from a family member asking for resort recommendations for the Dominican Republic.

Umm...I'm getting married there HELLO! Of course I send back and nice reply, "Oh I definitely recommend the resort we are getting married at since it's rated #1 on Tripadvisor.com. When are you thinking of going?" This way to give her a clue in case she forgot the fact that we were getting married there.

The response: "Oh well we were thinking of going the end of August beginning of September."

SERIOUSLY??

My response: "Oh well why don't you come down two weeks later since the whole family will be down for the wedding. It would be fantastic to see you!" Again, nice and pleasant.

The response: "We wish but not possible. Your uncle is renting his house in Courtlandt. Know of anybody who is interested?"

I have yet to respond but I'm annoyed. I know my family on my fathers side has been divided over the last year and I'm just not believing the reason that was given. I want to make a big deal out of it yet at the same time maybe it's best I don't since I'd rather not deal with family drama during our wedding. It's not just a couple hours to put your feelings aside, it's a couple days on an isolated resort.
What kind of stupid drama have you encountered since being engaged? How did you cope with it?

2 comments:

  1. I've had to deal with SO MUCH drama over having a destination wedding. I don't have advice on how to handle it because I have no clue. I had to take a break from wedding planning for a while. Planning a DW was supposed to be easy. But it's been MORE stressful than a traditional wedding. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Dani I hear you! I'm just glad i'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete