Thursday, April 22, 2010

Giddy on Up...Giddy on Out!

So I completed the last of DIY insert cards and now it was FINALLY time to stop procrastinating and put the invites together to send out since our RSVP date was only 45 days away! I know. Way to go slow poke!

So this past weekend I finally had nothing to do and decided to take the day to get everything together so that I could send out this week. First I had to start off the right way with a nice big cup of Joe.
I thought I'd share with you my cool cup of coffee that is appropriate for the occasion. I'm not really a 'Top Banana' since its taken me so long to sit down and complete the task but it's my favorite mug.

My entire invitation suite completed and ready to Go! Before I took this picture I had to put the clear labels Bed Bath & Beyond kindly printed for us on the registry card they gave us. That took me about 30 minutes to put on 120 cards. THEN I realized as I was gathering all that I needed that I didn't go the Post Office to get stamps for the RSVP envelopes. UGH! So I made a trip to the nearest Post Office and picked them up and returned home.

I started to rush because I was getting impatient and look where that got me...crooked stamps! Bummer.

Well 120 stamps later I was ready to assemble the set.
Or so I thought until my cat Josie decided to sniff around and make it be known she wasn't happy with me taking up most of the living room space (note: I live in small basement apartment and had 3 ft x 3 ft space to work with).

My entire invitation suite: Invitation, Reply Card, RSVP envelope, Registry card, Accommodation card, and Direction card. Wow! Talk about stuffed! I used glue dots (not pictured sorry!) to attached the invite onto the pocketfold so that people could easily take it off if they wanted to put up on the refrigerator.
My other cat, Ziggy, thought this was boring and decided to pass out on our logo stickers. How convenient!
To be honest I couldn't be happier with the way the logo sticker looks with the pocketfold. I was nervous when I ordered them but it made the invitation extra special and personal to me.
I can't help but smile when I saw the box filling up with completed invitations. That feeling of accomplishment came over me. Although it did take me over 5 hours get everything ready and complete 66 invitations. I continued on Sunday to put together the remaining amount.
Wasn't it a sigh of relief when you finished your invitations? How long did it take you?

2 comments:

  1. I am in the middle of this right now and can't wait to reach the stage you are at! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it goes smoothly for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete