Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Golden Girls!

"Thank you for being a friend, Traveled down the road and back again, Your heart is true your a pal and a confidant" (come on you know you're singing with me!) .

Oh I just love that show. Estelle Getty we miss you!

Ok so now that I got that out of my system I wanted to talk about a wonderful surprise I got last week. When I decided on a DW I understood and accepted the fact that most people, including my closest friends, might not be able to make it since it cost money. One of my best friends growing up had to decline since her wedding was only 3 weeks after mine and that was the start of the many "unfortunately we can't make it" responses. I thought at one point that we would be friendless (except the best man) on our wedding day and that really bummed me.

I have some great people in my life but there are only a few that have been my closest friends since I was young. And I just found out that two of them are coming to my wedding and I couldn't be happier! The ladies have been my friends for about 20 years now and to know they are going to be part of my special day makes this day even more special. I grew up swimming with "Jafar" and "Dimond in the Rough" (yes that's their real nicknames no joke and I'm "King of Thieves") and we have been through so much together.

Jafar (first on left), Me (next to her), and Dimond in the Rough (second from right in blue) at one of the many summer parties circa 2001 I think.

Me and Jafar - 2000

She will absolutely kill me for this pic but it's a classic! Dimond in the Rough (in red) and I with our friend Jules in 1994.

Dimond in the Rough and I in Sedona, AZ this past January.

They both live far away from me now but we are always still there for each other in a heart beat. Dimond in the Rough lives in Scottsdale, AZ now along with her family and Jafar lives in Maryland with her husband. I can only imagine the crazy stuff that will take place down in the Dominican!

I plan on incorporating them into the wedding since they are not in my bridal party but more to come on that!

Were there any unexpected surprises with guests RSVP's?

*all photos from personal camera*

6 comments:

  1. Thats so great! You must be over the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AWESOME! I'm so happy for you & for them since they'll be able to be a part of the memory for you.

    Oh & I vote if you ever want to change the title - "King of Thieves" should totally be the name of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahha Dancy you are too funny! We have two other nicknames too between me and my Dimond in the Rough friend. We call each other Red Leader and Grey Squirrel and pretend to talk on walky talkies LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even with a non DW you really get surprised at the people who decline to come or even people that say YES and then are a no show on the day of your wedding. But at the end of the day you always remember how great your wedding day was and now you're married to the love of your life. It isn't easy to think of the ppl who couldnt make it, but its still going to be one of the best days of your life! :) Glad to hear that two of your close friends can make it! Love the nicknames! My MOH's nickname for me is CB...as in Carebear! And I call her Turtle! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. @D.Marie - you are absolutely right! I'm so excited for the wedding regardless because I finally get to marry my best friend. =) Love the nicknames as well!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so awesome!! Those best friendships are the glue that hold our lives together...I my life those women are the people that first taught me what Love really means. Your wedding will be beautiful and memorable regardless of who can attend but I know having such a strong part of your past witness your future will be extremely sentimental

    ReplyDelete